What a week. Summer can wait! Work is too busy even thinking about having time off. Trying not to spend my weekend worrying about work related things but right now there is a lot of white noise playing loud in my head. But. Somewhere down the line it all will be fine and dandy. Need to stay cool as a cucumber in the meanwhile.
Great things in the life of Ulrika Collvin this week:
– My man moved down the last bits of his things yesterday! So from tonight we are officially full time living together. Wohoo!!
– Spending some quality time with my parents Saturday and Sunday as K has his chums that helped him move staying over. Quality time last night included seafood and wine and iPhone 6 tutorials.
– Thrilled to see The US Government legalising marriage for same-sex couples. Love won and all love is equal!
– Two little baby girls were born Friday. They look adorable and I am truly happy for my colleagues A and A who are the proud parents. Sweet miracles!
– Party! The Stockholm office summer party took place on a “new york-esque” roof terrace in the city centre. Boulebar with nibbles, pastis and boule tournament. It was so much fun I decided to skip the train to Malmö that evening and stay over at a colleague’s place. And me and my team mate won the entire thing…(almost, look at less great things listed). Our team name was Pierre á Resistance, hard to beat us! After the boule we moved on to Sakkura for Sushi and (not again) KARAOKE. It was such fun! Thank you Evoke Gaming and all good sports for relentless dancing and singing. By the way, my crutch ended up on the dance floor doing obscene things in the hands of others. I have it on film!
– Foot feels very close to fine! Have a supporting air cast and I will do some exercise next week. Light cycling, rowing and pilates in the gym! Well needed…
Ready to summer party. All loved up. Difficult not to smile in heart shaped shades.
Party queen and arranging the whole event! Great job A!
Love wins, 1.
Love wins, 2. All love is equal.
Tribe called quest. Perfect for the Swedish summer, my reversible long coat in blue and white.
The less great things in the life of Ulrika Collvin this week;
– Not so clean eating. In fact far from perfect the last two weeks. In combination with hardly any movement. Back up on the horse! Lifestyle changes include ups and downs.
– First we won the finale in pétanque. We had it. Until I fearlessly refused a coward’s throw and knocked our opponents to a win. I did the right thing but still, no medal…
– Flicked through my iPhone’s image gallery and was startled (in a bad way) to find revealing film clips of me howling like a crazy person No Doubt’s “Don’t Speak”, without being more than fashionably tipsy. And who was filming??? My new mantra is “Don’t sing”…at least not out loud, in front of others.
– Taxes problematics and estimates with my own business. I have an accountant, Janne, that I speak to on a daily basis. He is comforting, bright and didactical (deductible) and calm as a cucumber. We will get it right…any day now.
Time for coffee, shower and air cast! Then off to visit my brother and his gang.
Ulrika/ who is feeling more than less great. Which all in all is great.